- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BUCKHEAD, ATLANTA, GA, UNITED STATES
Waldorf Astoria is looking for a Banquet Manager to join the team at thisgorgeous Atlanta property!
Located in one of Atlanta''s mostprestigious neighborhoods, this 42-story tower has over 200 rooms (127 guestrooms plus residences), over 7,000 square feet of meeting space, and 2 food andbeverage outlets. This includes the 3-meal restaurant and 24-hour in-roomdining.
In this role, you will oversee banquet operations managing a team of 16 and reporting directly to the Hotel Manager. As the newest property to join the WaldorfAstoria Brand, you will have the opportunity to be a key leader in drivingchange and innovation.
The ideal candidate will be a strongleader with a true passion for luxury service, excellent organizational skills, and a team player. At least 2 years of banquet leadership experience in luxury hotels is required.
For more information on this property,please visit:
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Oversee the set up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the break down of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!