- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
76553 Engineering 9/3/2019 Chicago, Illinois, United States
Come to the heart of Chicago Illinois to join Motorola Mobility’s Product Development team as a baseband hardware engineer working with interdisciplinary departments of Mechanical, RF, Software, Supply Chain, and Industrial Design teams to develop, optimize and integrate analog/logic/digital circuits & systems into high volume, best in class mobile products. This team develops innovative and creative designs with consumer appeal to meet cost, time to market, and quality targets. The Product Development organization designs and delivers iconic mobile products and experiences by infusing the best of technology and design. The team will accomplish this through simply demanding engineering excellence - that means pursuing technological leadership, striving for design perfection, and attaining time-to-market differentiation while focusing on the fundamentals and simplification in everything we do.
• Electrical schematic and layout design
• Baseband simulation, validation, optimization, and debug efforts in a lab environment
• System level testing relative to carrier or certification body specifications
• Bring up and support of prototyping and mass production facilities
• End-to-end design ownership including interfacing with all relevant teams (software, supply chain, business, vendors) to ensure successful product launches
• Work with technologies in the areas of microprocessor, camera, display, battery, power management, sensors, audio, etc.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science EE degree, Masters preferred.
• 2+ years work experience in consumer electronic engineering
• Design experience in microprocessors, digital high-speed interfaces, imaging, display/touch systems, sensors, audio/DSP sub-systems, and/or power management
• Well versed with schematic capture, board layout and prototype evaluation
• Automation tools for data collection and analysis such as Labview, Visual Basic, C++, Perl, Python, etc.
• Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills and the ability to be effective within a team environment.
- visual basic
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.