- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Jose
Bay Area Correspondent - CA LIVE
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
If you have a flair for telling unique, engaging stories and want to be part of two lively, innovative morning lifestyle shows, consider joining us as a Bay Area Correspondent for our new show “CA Live” and its sister program on Telemundo “Acceso Total.” The goal is to approach all that Northern California has to offer with a sense of discovery. We also want to create new opportunities for our business partners, and need creative, experienced storytellers to help us do it. You need to have a vision for how to promote the products and experiences our business partners offer, and know how to include product promotion and placement in unique and seamless ways. This is not a job for a presenter. We’re looking for someone who can do the work from start to finish: gathering information, walking us through an experience, and putting it together for our broadcast and digital platforms. The Correspondent will also be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as Master of Ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
Be entertaining, energetic, creative, and possess a strong desire to contribute to the team and win!
Conduct studio and/or remote interviews
Collaborate with producers, hosts, and field teams to generate interesting show topics that will create lively dialogue that engages the interests of the audience.
Promote the shows, our stations and the company positively on and off the air to maximize the growth of subscribers and listeners.
Make promotional appearances and travel for remote broadcasts and/or promotional events
• The ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• The ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations and ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Experience to operate on different media platforms.
• Correspondent must be flexible pertaining to required wardrobe and on air clothing during different seasons of the year and special occasions (Halloween, Summer, etc)
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interest in current events and pop culture
• Strong on-air presence and voice as well as ability to project a professional image
• Prior experience on-air
• Good public speaking and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with others in a team oriented environment
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose and San Francisco, CA
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as required. Good attendance and ability to avoid tardiness is crucial.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Fluent in Spanish
• Competitive success in delivering both ratings and rank success
• Experience in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego audience and communities
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - KNTV
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.