- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
At Google, we don't shy away from big, crazy ideas--and that's not just in our products. We aim to foster the healthiest workforce on the planet and our Benefits team is behind the wheel, driving these efforts. From retirement planning to financial literacy courses to healthy living campaigns, our Benefits team runs programs that are designed to keep our global Googlers healthy and happy. With more than 60 offices across the world, you're able to swiftly maneuver through the complexity of serving different legal and cultural practices, while also finding creative opportunities for giving our Googlers equitable support. You'll build an understanding of what 'wellness' truly means to each Googler, and implement innovative programs as the population of Googlers grows in size and diversity. You are a mission-driven, enthusiastic team player with the creativity to develop and manage benefits programs.
The Benefits team develops and manages programs to meet the needs of our diverse Googlers. These include great health plans, a 401(k) matching program, children’s centers, and wellness centers and programs.
As a Benefits Program Manager, you’ll develop and manage all benefits processes as part of the Investigations Care Program, including support for the employee assistance program (EAP), emotional support counseling, local disability accommodations, and leaves of absence. You will ensure that any Googler opting into support has a seamless experience accessing benefits programs. You will act with discretion as a direct connection to enable Googlers to be connected to the appropriate resources prior to, during, and following an investigation.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program/project management and case management or human resources.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of leave of absence policies and procedures in the U.S.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across internal People Operations teams, vendor teams, and medical providers.
- Ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively across multiple offices, geographies, and time zones often via email and video.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Program manage the end-to-end benefits support in response to our workplace commitments around enhancing care. Act as the main benefits point of contact for the Investigations Care Specialist team and in a case management capacity for any Googlers who opt-in to the program.
- Develop targeted emotional support programs and warm case transfer processes with all EAP vendors globally. Monitor the success of these programs and make adjustments accordingly.
- Understand the accommodations and leaves processes in detail and be able to discuss these at length with Googlers.
- Develop initiatives to assist Googlers with accommodations and leaves requests, including being able to respond to questions and help troubleshoot problems.
- Manage development of goals and measurement against these to report on success and continual areas of improvement for the benefits care response program.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate