- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Boeing Global Services (BGS) was launched in July 2017 to expand Boeing's share of a global—and growing—commercial and government services market worth an estimated $2.8 trillion over the next decade. The BGS Government Estimating team performs a wide variety of tasks including developing cost estimates and proposals, developing and maintaining estimating methods and tools, collecting and analyzing cost data, and presenting our analysis to leadership to help inform decision making.
This position is for the BGS-Government Senior Estimating Manager (9AHGMM) with responsibilities including BGS-G material estimating in St Louis; and San Antonio/Mesa/Puget Sound BGS-G site estimating.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Leads employees and managers performing estimates, cost or price proposals, business case development and risk, financial and competitive analyses. Develops and executes integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals, objectives. Acquires resources for organizational activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees and managers.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Education/experience - Bachelor and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.
- 6+ years experience in the Financial Industry
- 5+ years experience in a management role
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition and the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal network; understands the cultures of organizations. Applies this information in a way that contributes to the organization's strategic plan and bottom line.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques (e.g., parametric, staffing, analogous, detailed task build-up, models, improvement curve theory, standards, realization factors, price/cost estimating relationships) to determine the appropriate approach for a specific function, task, or cost element and apply and/or adjust this approach to effectively perform functional responsibilities of the occupation.Knowledge of government, company, and local policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., estimating system manual, FAR, DFAR, TINA, ITAR, Procurement integrity, Export Compliance) relating to the development of cost proposals. Knowledge of proposal, accounting, and rate development (common systems). Knowledge of audit, fact-finding, and negotiation processes (e.g., self audit, internal audit, government audit, effective negotiation) and how they affect the proposal process.
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Travel will be required 10% of the time.
Ability to obtain a clearance may be required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.