- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Boeing Global Services (BGS) was launched in July 2017 to expand Boeing's share of a global—and growing—commercial and government services market worth an estimated $2.8 trillion over the next decade. The BGS Government (BGS-G) Estimating team performs a wide variety of tasks including developing cost estimates and proposals, developing and maintaining estimating methods and tools, collecting and analyzing cost data, and presenting our analysis to leadership to help inform decision making.
This position is for the BGS-Government Estimating Manager (9AHGMK) with responsibilities including BGS-G Spares/IMIM/SOFS, Training Services and F-15 Material Estimating.
In this position, the successful candidate manages employees performing estimates, cost or price proposals, business case development and risk, financial and competitive analyses. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Education/experience - Bachelor and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.
- 6+ years experience in the Financial Industry
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of estimating techniques (e.g., parametric, staffing, analogous, detailed task build-up, models, improvement curve theory, standards, realization factors, price/cost estimating relationships) to determine the appropriate approach for a specific function, task, or cost element and apply and/or adjust this approach to effectively perform functional responsibilities of the occupation.
- Knowledge of government, company, and local policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., estimating system manual, FAR, DFAR, TINA, ITAR, Procurement integrity, Export Compliance) relating to the development of cost proposals. Knowledge of proposal, accounting, and rate development (common systems). Knowledge of audit, fact-finding, and negotiation processes (e.g., self audit, internal audit, government audit, effective negotiation) and how they affect the proposal process.
- Plans and supports the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Champions employee recognition by acknowledging contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce
- Previous experience in a lead role (desired)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Travel will be required 10% of the time.
Ability to obtain a clearance may be required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.