- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Big Blue Swim School (BBSS) is a fast-growing, mission-driven company that aims to show kids they can do anything by unlocking their full potential in the water.
With 5 existing stores providing childrens retail-based swim lessons throughout the Chicagoland area, the team is looking for a Bookkeeper with a positive attitude, tireless work ethic, and an ability to support both corporate and franchise operations.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, have great communication skills, and driven to succeed within the company.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to Sage Intacct.
- Manage accounts payable.
- Obtain necessary tax forms from new vendors.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts and credit cards on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Make deposits and record all cash receipts.
- Process semi-monthly company payroll.
- Manage point of sale system including user training.
- Manage procurement.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system.
- Provide administrative support to department management when required.
This position requires occasional travel to swim school sites throughout the north Chicago suburbs.
- Minimum of an associate's degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles, specifically ASC 606.
- Experience with Sage Intacct required, experience with Paycor a plus.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Decisive and critical thinker with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to remain highly flexible and adapt to change due to high growth.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly focused on detail and process.
- Competitive health insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Free Big Blue Swim lessons for family
- Professional development opportunities in a growing organization
Big Blue Swim School follows an equal opportunity employment policy for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, and genetic information.PandoLogic.
Keywords: Bookkeeper, Location: Chicago, IL