- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
CASES keeps people out of jail and prison by engaging them in effective services that help them achieve success in the community. We specialize in serving youth and young adults and people with behavioral health needs. CASES is a leading New York City provider of alternatives to incarceration, a key solution for a fairer criminal justice system. This is an important time at CASES. New York City is on track to create a smaller, safer, and fairer criminal justice system. Working at CASES is more than a job. It is an opportunity to promote justice for New Yorkers with access to high-quality and evidence-based court services.
CASES is seeking a Borough Director of Pretrial Services to oversee the program’s operations. The ideal candidates will work effectively in a busy and changing environment. The Borough Director position assumes management of a borough office providing community operations management as well as leading the implementation of new and existing services. The Borough Director will serve on the management team for the Pretrial Services Department and will collaborate with the Senior Director of Pretrial Court Operations as well as with their counter-part Borough Directors. The Borough Director will also collaborate with other leadership across the agency to ensure effective services in the borough community office as well as deliver effective, quality and seamless services across the Pretrial Department and other CASES programs. Working with CASES’ Behavioral Health; Education, Career and Enrichment; and Court Services Departments the director will help to ensure CASES offers the most appropriate and just response to participants. This leadership position advances the strategic direction for pretrial services in concert with an equity and justice approach.
- Manage the operations and administration of the Borough Pretrial Services Teams
- Oversee Pretrial Services Team Leaders, each managing 13-15 multidisciplinary staff who are directly delivering Pretrial supervision and case management services to Pretrial Services participants in the community.
- Identify, analyze, and offer strategic solutions to challenges affecting pretrial service delivery
- Drive a performance culture rooted in trauma-informed and evidence- - based pretrial services to respond to high-risk participants, substance use, youth and young adults, older adults, unemployed participants, employed participants, people with mental illness, homeless participants, LGBTQI participants and women
- Promote participant satisfaction with services ensuring the environment is welcoming, staff are engaging, and pretrial release services promote the opportunity to mitigate risks and address client needs
- Help to establish the strategic blueprint for pretrial services supervision and voluntary case management and connection to community based services
- Plan and implement continuous quality improvement processes that utilize effective performance management and metrics and utilize program data to inform planning and execution of pretrial operations
- Stay abreast of pretrial services standards, best practices, and innovation in the field and use the information to update and continuously improve pretrial operations
- Develop team leaders to successfully manage teams and reach full management and leadership capacity
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance teams, empowering them to elevate their competence, impact, and performance
- Lead community-based staff using a performance management and development process that encourages employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and professional development
- Effectively manage and support staff through growing and changing operations
- Identify, build, and maintain strong collaborative relationships with community partners and determine to which partners the director will serve as the key liaison
- Collaborate with government partners and participate in key external committees and workgroups to advance pretrial services
- Coordinate with community-based organizations delivering services to participants ensuring their familiarity with court operations, pretrial supervision and court appearance standards
- Work collaboratively with leadership and staff in various departments across CASES to address challenges and to create operational solutions and standards for participant services and court-based advocacy and communication
- Collaborate with pretrial service agencies in New York City to promote pretrial service court-based standards of operations
- Work with the Director of Training to develop training curriculum and policy and procedure materials to support new and existing staff with onboarding as well as continuous training and professional development
- Provide management that is inclusive of diversity and equity and that
- values the individuals served in pretrial services
- Facilitate and sustain a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities in the court-based teams and across CASES
- Support the management of the department’s budget working with pretrial services leadership and partnering with fiscal to forecast and reconcile the Manhattan Pretrial Services budget; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve program goals
- Lead and work on special workgroups and committees to promote CASES’ mission and strategic priorities
- Any other duties as indicated by the Senior Director of Pretrial Services
- Advanced degree in law, social work, public policy, criminal justice or related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience supervising managers
- Commitment to serve participants with criminal legal system involvement at high risk for criminal recidivism
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Highly-developed management, analytical, and motivational skills
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and facilitation skillsTrack record of delivering sustained quality work product
- Ability to work effectively with diverse team
- Ability to remain highly organized in the fast-paced, busy environment of pretrial services
- Proficient in using computers and computer databases, preferably Salesforce
The salary range for this position is competitive and commensurate with demonstrated experience and skills.CASES also offers an excellent benefits package.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.