- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Bottling Line maintenance, which includes machine adjustments, preventive maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting. Purchase supplies for projects and repair maintenance inventory. Read and understand machine manuals.
- Communicate mechanical conditions of bottling equipment to Bottling Manager, schedule and coordinate repairs and maintenance with bottling team and RMW Maintenance Department.
- Monitor line conditions for repair and maintenance assignments.
- Work with Bottling Supervisor to complete periodic reviews of Procedures and Processes relating to Bottling Line Maintenance.
- Order equipment repair and spare parts as needed and Maintain and organize shop (Change parts, spare parts, records, machinery, tools, etc.).
- Participate in and help lead annual maintenance during harvest shutdown.
Work with Bottling Supervisor to Evaluate and revise Work Procedures and Plans including documentation, planning and performance of package changeovers. Assist and lead when appropriate in the coordination of projects, equipment modification and installation of line changes.
- Assist/or Lead in establishing standards for machine set-up and operation. Plan for effective line changeovers.
- Assist bottling team to analyze down time reports to identify and make possible corrections excessive down time
- Order maintenance materials and change parts. As necessary, make recommendations for purchase of high value repair and maintenance materials.
- Design, develop, and implement equipment installations or systems on the bottling lines
- Assist in evaluating and testing supplies or redesigned packages and communicate the results
Give input to Bottling Manager in the development of each year's bottling maintenance budget; monitor expenditures of the different maintenance budget categories:
Train Other team members in Bottling Line Maintenance:
- Safety Training Additional functions of the position:
- Participate in safety program and assist in safety training for machine operators.
- Assist bottling personnel during production.
- Drive company vehicles when required.
- Drive forklift to move supplies and equipment.
- Department and shop clean up.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead Maintenance tasks when necessary
Minimum of five years of general experience and/or vocational training in bottling line equipment/production equipment repair. Basic ability in machine blueprint reading, as well as electrical schematics reading. Experience in oxyacetylene, arc welding, plumbing, operating machine shop equipment and/or other industrial trade skills.
Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision. Able to interact well with co-workers. Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English. Able to accept constructive criticism. Able to understand and follow work rules and procedures. Use proper safety equipment and safety procedures. Possess good computer skills. Able to train others on bottling procedures.
Strong understanding of Bottling operations.
Must possess a valid CA driver's license and must have an acceptable driving record or have the ability to travel. Able to work flexible shifts and schedules including overtime. May be asked to perform other tasks not directly related to Maintenance including assisting in Break and Lunch Rotation, operation of bottling machinery. Must be shift flexible and willing to work Overtime as needed.
Physical Requirements / Other
- Able to lift and carry 70 pounds.
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and/or kneel for a minimum of eight hours per day in two hour intervals.
- Must be able to use a respirator.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
About the company
Constellation Brands, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is an international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits. Constellation is the largest beer import company in the US, measured by sales, and has the third-largest market share of all major beer suppliers.