- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
TAGLINE: We are looking for Bottling Team Members to support our packaging operations at the Home of Guinness in the United States.
WHO WE ARE:
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company - a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of the industry. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more, over hundreds of
years, led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong. Our NA Supply roles are both stretching and rewarding, designed to assist you in your current and future aspirations supported by Partner's for Growth, our approach to performance, development and career management. We believe our passion is obvious, and infectious.
Guinness is building a new brewery on the site of the historic Calvert Distillery in Baltimore County, five miles from Baltimore International Airport, 10 miles from downtown Baltimore and 30 miles from Washington DC. The new brewery will be a spiritual home for Guinness in the US, comprising of a medium-scale 100HL Brewhouse to produce 100K BBL of Guinness Blonde American Lager per annum, a new visitor center with taproom and tavern, a 10 BBL experimental Brewhouse that will be a test kitchen for new Guinness beers, as well as an agile packaging operation including bottling, canning and kegging.
WHY IS THE ROLE IMPORTANT:
As a member of the Bottling Department, the Bottling Team Member (BTM) is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the production operation in all areas of the department. The BTM works to ensure Safety and Quality procedures are adhered to and organizational goals are met. Each employee will have the capability and flexibility to run each piece of equipment and every line, and perform any role within the Bottling Department.
- Operate all equipment rinsers, fillers, crowners, seamers, in-line blending system, labeler, packer, sealer, palletizer, case and carton erectors, depalletizer, etc.
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Perform machine and equipment line changeovers for different bottles, packaging, and liquid.
- Perform equipment maintenance and preventative tasks as assigned.
- Perform equipment lubrication and inspection routines as assigned.
- Adjust photo eyes and other electromechanical devices necessary for proper machine operation.
- Input downtime and other relevant machine performance data into performance database.
- Perform machine center-lining functions.
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to scrape, wipe, sweep, and squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include clearing jams, adjusting/resetting equipment, removing glue/labels, etc.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include relabeling bottles, restacking boxes on pallets, etc.
- Loading equipment and packaging supplies.
- Use various lab equipment to perform quality checks. Interpret, follow, and execute product quality specifications, inspection and testing.
- Ability to learn and have working knowledge of SAP. This includes writing and closing out work orders and PM’s in the system.
- Support programs to prevent accidents, prevent spills, eliminate waste in production, recycle, improve production, conserve materials and supplies, improve quality, demonstrate good manufacturing practice, and uphold Diageo values, code of conduct, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and work with co-workers in a team based environment to achieve production goals.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in work
- Documented improvement in the Key Focus areas of the role.
- Regularly push, pull or lift up to 50lbs and occasionally lift up to 100lbs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An engaged, mechanically inclined individual who is willing to work as a team in a high-volume manufacturing environment. An individual that has prior experience with or demonstrates the ability and desire to operate high speed bottling/packaging equipment, load raw materials, perform equipment troubleshooting, conduct preventative maintenance, quality control inspections, line sanitation, and data recording. Candidates must exhibit a continuous improvement mind set and behaviours. Candidates must also demonstrate behaviours of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
- Forklift safety and certification or experience in the operation of a powered industrial truck.
- Able to distinguish the difference in numeric and alphabetic sequences.
- Material handing experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel – Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
- quality control
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.