- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Valley City
What you’ll be doing...
As a Government Account Manager at Verizon, you'll play a key role in driving the success of a world-class leader in the technology industry. With your robust business and sales expertise combined with your passion for technology, you'll deliver innovative solutions and ensure a superior customer experience for government agencies. Whether you're prospecting new business or managing and growing existing accounts, you'll continuously develop strategic relationships, negotiate and close sales with State, Local, and Federal agencies, and provide groundbreaking solutions to drive their business—and ours—forward. Together, we'll expand our reach, strengthen our impact, and change the world through powerful technology.
With a deep product expertise and a rich understanding of our solutions, you'll:
• Continuously seek out new growth opportunities within existing accounts
• Provide ongoing high-quality customer support, analyzing customer needs and recommending innovative solutions
• Negotiate and close sales, including contract management and completion
• Write proposals and respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs)
• Provide follow-up training for new business customers
• Utilize sales force automation, funnel management, and prospecting tools
• Generate forecasting and tracking reports
• Attend training to keep up with company products, market, and industry trends
• Must have a clean driving record
What we’re looking for...
A 2-year degree, or at least 2 years of relevant business sales experience including cold calling
• A 4-year degree, 3-5 years of experience with solutions-based selling in a commissions-based sales environment, and a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
• Familiarity with selling to State, Local, and Federal agencies
Additionally, the following skills and attributes will be integral to your success:
• Excellent communication and customer interaction skills, with professional experience hunting for new business, negotiating, and closing sales
• A passion for technology
• Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Outgoing, resourceful, and motivated to learn
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.