- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to see your analytical skills impact the success of local businesses worldwide?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
As Groupon’s Business Operations team, we work with teams across the company to ensure customer satisfaction and implement business strategy. We build and improve metrics that are targeted at driving and designing the best customer experience for Groupon in North America.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for obtaining and analyzing data to improve operational efficiency, designing and running reports, and ensuring the data and metrics we rely on are complete and accurate. You will work with multiple departments to understand Groupon’s business and how offers impact our global operations. You'll use your understanding of key business drivers to generate objective, data-driven, and actionable recommendations towards achieving the business’s strategic goals.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will build and run reports on customer contact analysis
- You will determine the customer service impact from Groupon programs (i.e. operational changes in other departments, new product launches)
- You will track and analyze data from customer service testing
- Ensure data quality
- Analyze customer behavior pre and post customer service contact
- You will work with survey data to help improve the customer experience
- Complete cost benefit analyses
- Design, implement and roll out global frameworks for CS KPI reporting, and support weekly / monthly / quarterly business reports
- You will build a story with data and work closely with leaders to present findings that drive business action
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related fields
- 2+ years professional analyst experience, preferably with customer service and/or in an e-commerce or consultancy capacity
- You have strong analytical skills
- Experience with statistical software packages (R, SAS, SPSS)
- You have strong familiarity with Excel, including advanced functions, pivot tables, and building graphs
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools a strong plus
- You have database design and management experience
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information
- Knowledge and experience using SQL to gather data for analysis
- You have the ability to draw insights from unorganized data
- Self-starter able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally