- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Analyst/Data Engineer-17001E0S Preferred Qualifications
Bare metal Cloud Services is seeking a Business Analyst/Data Engineer
We are building a new technology organization based in Downtown Seattle. This new entity is being constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it a world class engineering center with the focus on excellence.
Oracle’s extensive enterprise customer base is looking for rock solid cloud solutions that provide the same reliability and effectiveness that they have come to expect from Oracle. As a trusted Enterprise vendor, Oracle is in the early stages to provide highly cost effective, highly performance compute, storage, & PaaS Cloud solutions to its customer base.
This position is responsible for analysis and reporting of complex business information to senior management across the Bare Metal Cloud Services organization.
The Business Analyst will integrate real time data through the use of business intelligence tools into useful information and metrics that will drive leadership strategic decision-making and allow department managers to immediately act on adverse trends . The analyst will provide transparency of data and targets through various performance tools such as dashboards and scorecards which seek to increase throughput, improve productivity, and gain operational efficiencies. This position requires a keen analytical ability to synthesize the data and correlation of metrics that will support achievement of organizational goals, operational and financial performance.
The position is located in Seattle, WA.
* Develops key operational and strategic materials for senior management in support of major programs and processes.
* Analyze data for performance trends, significant results (variances) and opportunities for improvement based on sound analytical methodology. Utilize analytical reporting/ Business Intelligence tools in designing reports, scorecards and dashboards to provide the appropriate detail information to diagnose reasons for performance issues and opportunities for improvement.
* Review quality, financial and operational metrics and correlate metrics using statistical methods that will provide insight into causal effect on performance outcomes.
* Leads significant analyses and fulfilled the most complex information requests. Determines optimum methodology for retracing and analyzing current and historical data.
* Develops statistical models to analyze operational performance data and support ongoing reporting process.
* Formulates and provides recommendations regarding appropriate performance metrics. Acts in an advisory capacity to management on metrics, measures and dashboards.
* Conducts research, provides analysis and makes recommendations regarding management initiatives. Assists in the definition of problems and issues through the use of analytical techniques.
* Own and drive data improvement projects.
Your Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 4 years of business analysis experience in operations or customer support organization.
* Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel required with experience in other data analysis and Business Intelligence tools. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience working with a variety of statistical and analytic platforms and packages.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with Jira and SQL are preferred.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
(Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.Manage the
About the company
The Oracle Corporation is an American global computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California. The company primarily specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. In 2011 Oracle was the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
The company also develops and builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.