- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Jersey City
Business Analyst - UTM Trades & TransactionsOur Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
UTM (Unified Trade and Transaction Model) is the logical representation of data required to support JP Morgan's Trade and Transaction Event Management business capability. The primary intent is to standardize the data representation of trades and transactions across the firm, focusing on all Corporate and Investment Bank asset classes. The adoption of canonical models is foundational to a number of strategic transformation programs within the bank. UTM is to be used to develop interface definitions across applications.
Working alongside our data modelers, define across the range of Corporate and Investment Bank products:
- The entities and attributes necessary to provide a business definition of each product
- How a trade will be represented at each stage in its lifecycle
- Ensure that the same concept is modelled in the same way across the Corporate and Investment Bank and prevent unnecessary divergence
- Facilitate input from Operations and other line of business teams to ensure the model is grounded in the reality of business products and how they are processed
- Requirements gathering for modelling of new products and enhancements to existing products
- Lead workshops engaging modelers and the business to agree modelling per product
- Lead review sessions that ensure consistency of modelling across the Corporate and Investment Bank
- The individual will not be directly authoring data models, but will need to engage with their detail - ensuring specific entities and attributes are defined and used consistently and appropriately
- Perform sampling and analysis of data and usage across critical applications
- Model evaluation with primary users and user groups
- Production of clean and concise documentation of the model including guidelines and usage
- Business knowledge of a broad range of Derivatives and Securities products and their lifecycles
- FpML knowledge, preferably across a broad range of Derivatives, Securities and FX products
- Detailed analytical approach; logical, precise thinker; clear and concise communications
Clear understanding of relational data concepts and ability to read and interpret class/relational models (preferably using MagicDraw or Erwin)
- Knowledge of processes of other industry players/applications such as clearing houses, confirmation platforms, market data providers etc
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran