- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Development AnalystWELLINGTON MANAGEMENT
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Global Relationship Group, GRG, has an opening for a Business Development Analyst (BDA) in Wellington's Chicago Office. Business Development (BD) is responsible for the firm's sales and marketing efforts to understand the needs of institutional investors and to provide solutions to meet those needs from the firm's comprehensive investment management capabilities. In addition, BD is charged with maintaining strong relationships with the consultant community worldwide. A great deal of preparation goes into every meeting, presentation, and proposal to our prospective clients.
BDAs are responsible for the extensive analysis and strategic planning to maintain a strong pipeline of prospective clients as well as creating marketing materials to support the BD team's efforts. In addition, the BDA must keep up with the latest industry and asset allocation trends, and develop a robust knowledge of the firm's investment management capabilities. The role requires frequent communication with colleagues across GRG, Client Services Group (CSG), Investment Products & Strategies (IPS) as well as a broad range of investment personnel.
We are seeking a seasoned BDA who will work closely with two Chicago-based Business Development Managers (BDs) on the following:
- Collaborating with BDs to create, maintain & execute a strategic plan for their territories.
- Support the BDs in arranging meetings and providing follow-up materials, including all in-person visits, calls & correspondence with prospective clients
- Track prospective client activity & opportunities in the firm's CRM platform
- Coordinate the preparation & development of presentation materials through the firm's marketing software system
- Source, qualify, and respond to Requests for Proposal (RFP), including collaborating with IPS and the CSG teams to ensure that each RFP receives the appropriate and accurate response, and is completed within the stated timeframe
- Work with the GRG, CSG, Legal & Compliance, IPS, and Senior Management teams to qualify opportunities including resolving any issues surrounding contracts, fees and legal requirements
- Conduct analytics and competitive analysis on industry competitors to help position products effectively
- Seek out publically-available information on prospective clients, including analyzing quarterly and semi-annual reports
- Support marketing efforts including coordinating webinars, special events and industry conferences.
The Business Development Analyst will work in a team environment with constant deadlines. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, communication skills, excellent judgment, the ability to learn quickly and multi-task. The candidate should possess strong problem solving ability, including creative thinking, combined with a collaborative approach in seeking the broader audience, and develop a deep understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's investment management capabilities. The job entails extensive written and analytical work, thus proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite is required. A large portion of the work is self-directed and requires an individual who can work independently under tight time constraints.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree with preference given to candidates with progress toward the CFA designation, MBA or other graduate level degree. The candidate should have at least two years prior experience in the investment industry. A positive attitude, pro-activity, strong attention to detail, and sense of humor are absolutely required. The candidate should also demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of capital markets and investment products.
Business Development Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .