- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: San Francisco, California
Job ID: 18006800
Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
This position contributes to Nestle Starbucks Coffee’s success by achieving sales and profit objectives for new and existing foodservice business by representing the coffee continuum within a geographic territory. This job further manages and ensures contractual program implementation among customers.
Models and acts in accordance with organization’s guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Develops, presents, and negotiates the recommended portfolio of product, equipment, and merchandising solutions with accounts ensuring standards of brand, profitability, and account guardrails are achieved in a geographic area.
Develops contacts and prospects that ensure long-term profitability for the company and customers.
Develops and achieves maximum sales volume and profit objectives.
Increases territory sales and profitability through existing account development. Develops relationships with key decision-makers. Evaluates customer objectives, and provides solutions to generate add-on sales and profits.
Conducts strategic business reviews. Manages account retention.
Manages and participates in effective communication and relationship development with brand champions at existing customers.
Identifies and manages new target account plans in conjunction with distributors, to close qualified leads and achieve new account goals for an assigned area.
Promotes and sells product portfolio/initiatives through direct customer contacts and developed opportunities.
Provides customers with price quotations and information regarding delivery and service.
Ensures profitability by effectively managing asset costs and allocation among new and existing customers.
Summary of Experience
• Minimum three years direct outside sales experience.
• Minimum three years Foodservice, hospitality, beverage, and/or consumer products experience.
• Minimum one year Foodservice distribution management experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to deliver customer satisfaction, which results in referrals, references and repeat business.
• Ability to identify, track and target profitable customers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends when needed to meet customer requests.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Knowledge of business planning and financial performance measures.
• Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
About the company
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.