- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG General Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager within its Distribution Group in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to align and influence internal and external stakeholders, is an effective communicator, has the ability to build commitment, and is tolerant of ambiguity. Key attributes for the role include high energy, collaboration, strong influential skills, presence, vision, broad insurance knowledge. The successful candidate will have proven ability to align and influence internal and external stakeholders, is an effective communicator, has the ability to build commitment, and is tolerant of ambiguity. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for account targeting, account management, producer management, mix of business and overall book growth for key assigned accounts and brokers.
- Partner closely with Regional Leadership, Underwriters, Sales & Marketing and Functional groups to execute and implement the branch as well as regional distribution and profit center strategies.
- Responsible for overall production, including new business retention and driving growth in select products and business segments, driving assigned stewardship accounts, problem resolution, and overall key broker relationships in the territory.
- Achieve target account expansion activity for new business, while maintaining desired retention of inforce. Applicable for corporate and national account segments.
- Develop & implement Commercial Insurance initiatives and strategies for target accounts, cross sell opportunities, including development from alternative distribution.
- Develop relationships with Producers, Client and Account Management Executives/ Managers and Insureds.
- Contact point for Senior Management visits and appointments in the territory.
- Five years of diverse insurance experience preferred.
- A proven business development background in insurance with existing broker relationships in the St Louis territory preferred.
- Strong leadership skills: Collaboration, coordination and coaching. Ability to learn full suite of AIG product offerings.
- Account Management skills and experience in successfully building trusting relationships with colleagues, insured’s and brokers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to effectively present to both small and large groups.
- Must be able to multitask, excellent organizational skills, along with problem solving required.
- Ability to work under deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.