- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees.
You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics organization has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst Lead Director.
The Lead Director will be responsible for the continued maturity and evolution of the Business Intelligence Analyst role, including future direction as the role evolves in our Agile operating model, talent development including direct coaching of staff, talent pipeline strategy, etc.
Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst Lead Director may lead and/or aid in the strategy development and execution of larger or more complex initiatives.
These can range from Information Delivery capabilities, to enterprise involvement such as with our master data management strategy, to supporting the growth of various business units from a data and analytics perspective.
This position will lead others.
Candidates ideally will have expertise as a Business Intelligence Analyst (data and business), have led and developed a team, and have a working knowledge of Insurance operations and core functions.
- Ensures that the business capability requirements align to the business intelligence and data strategy roadmaps.
- Develops and defines capabilities that satisfy the broader business objectives and value proposition.
- Review and provide business expertise for requirements on new or existing processes, products, and/or supporting systems.
- Provides expertise in business analyst best practices in Business Intelligence by overseeing analyst processes.
- Resolves minor issues on BI initiatives between business users and technology team.
- Leads the ongoing rationalization of Business Intelligence assets to ensure they are providing utmost value for business decisions and outcomes.
- Facilitates large, cross functional requirement elicitation sessions concerning information needs with the highest level of complexity; includes working with stakeholders to prioritize requirements based on most value added BI capabilities and needs.
- Ensures that Business Intelligence requirements are documented, compliant, auditable, unambiguous and understood clearly by all business and IT stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates requirements and solves communication issues across multiple execution teams, as needed.
- Ensures that Business Intelligence solution meets the business objectives and is aligned with the data strategy and roadmap.
- Supports demand management including business prioritization, impact analysis of business processes, and relationship management with business partners community.
- Designs or provides direction on implementing business analyst best practices.
- Responsible for developing best practices regarding implementation readiness, user adoption, support, communication, training and rollout plans on Business Intelligence solutions.
- 3 years of people management experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Possess advanced knowledge of subject matter in order to solve unusual as well as common work problems and advise on technical matters and to serve as a resource to organization.
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion and to lead others to do so as well.
Demonstrated ability to lead and/or influence others across levels of the organization.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to influence others.
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and ability using Business Intelligence tools (as an end user) preferred.
- Conceptual data modeling ability preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions and levels within organization.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others ideas seriously and accept feedback.
Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business or equivalent education, or 8 years' analytics work experience required.
6 years business analysis or analytics experience required.
4 years supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions required.
2 years in leadership role on projects required.
Demonstrated advanced analytic and diagnostic skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
- ms project