- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
As the Business Intelligence Manager within the Data Analytics Insights & Enablement team, you will be responsible for the Applications space (NFV, IOT, Orchestration) to accomplish objectives through the use of data and analytics, and contribute to the development of strategic initiatives and action plans that anticipate and support the needs the business. Data drives our business and you will use business intelligence tools and data analytics to monitor the performance of our Applications to identify, predict and repair issues that affect the customer experience. You’ll be communicating the business value of technical solutions to stakeholders and keeping up with the market trends to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage. Through implementing descriptive, predictive and prescriptive capabilities, you will improve our network and enhance the way that our customers live, work, and play.
You will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Analyzing performance through design and execution of qualitative and quantitative analytics practices to generate data-driven insights by distilling and combining complex, disparate data sources
- Reviewing changing network application conditions and historical performance, identify opportunities, deliver insights, and assess the impact of strategic initiatives
- Presenting concise and actionable recommendations for strategy improvements and provide strong justifying evidence to defend these recommendations. Gaining alignment across work groups and implement these changes.
- Creating and maintaining strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Gathering business requirements, source required data, and develop and present/communicate polished executive reporting.
- Identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities continuously.
- Managing executive slide development including building from scratch, adapting existing formats, clarifying requirements, incorporating updates, and providing feedback.
- Building thorough and completing back-up materials for presentations.
- Designing, compiling, and communicating high-level weekly or monthly reports, including negotiating with data / material providers.
- Working with non-reporting teams of all levels to secure executive materials or achieve process or project goals.
- Recognizing criticality of extremely short turnaround times for most executive materials and requests; ensuring all timelines are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring organizational alignment with broader strategic initiatives as part of Verizon 2.0.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, information systems, analytics/business intelligence, engineering, mathematics, statistics, other related discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- MBA or a degree in a related field.
- Experience with Word, and Excel, PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Experience with NFV, IOT. Orchestration, VCP
- Business intelligence/visualization software experience.
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Worked with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Capability to work effectively within time constraints.
- Capability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
- Capability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results.
- Capability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
- Experience in process and requirements documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Experience developing executive presentations that communicate complex business problems and solutions to VP and above.
- Experience with Splunk or Tableau
- Understanding of R, SQL, Python or Jupyter Notebook
- Worked in a Data Analyst and/or Software Development role.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.