- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function
The Business Process Data Analyst uses knowledge of software systems/databases/tools (Navigator; Reliability; IDEA; Lotus Notes; Cognos; AbbottLink) to provide support and service for data/process analysis; reporting and tool development to all US Service Operations. The incumbent will develop data queries based upon ad hoc requests required to measure effectiveness of business processes.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Perform business analysis to provide tactical and strategic direction to the CSO for identifying and bench marking best in class processes and procedures. This should include assessment; trending; and study of; internal and external; as well as; domestic and global service operations; activities; practices; and policies.
- Ensures through others that procedures and practices result in customer service and support that is consistent; professional and highly compliant.
- Supports the business process and business practices compliancy efforts in support of the CSO business and quality objectives.
Position Accountability / Scope
Accountable for delivery of information concerning performance activity. Relies on data deliverables from this position in order to be effective in business review; analysis; and planning. Development of appropriate summary reports to assist management in strategic and tactical planning. Accountable for delivery of actual and trended information for financial planning; updates; and strategic development. Operates independently in area of data definition and retrieval. Must be effective in balancing requests from multiple sources and managing business cycle priorities
Bachelors degree in statistics; mathematics; engineering or computer science OR equivalent work experience of 4-6 years programming/data analysis; working with large data warehouse/reporting systems.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
- Knowledge of Field Service Operations and call management systems.
- Experience with relational database and reporting tools.
United States Irving : LC-10
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- customer service
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.