- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assurant is hiring a Business Unit Systems Analyst at our beautiful Atlanta, GA office. The Business Unit System Analyst's primary role is to support systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, the Business Unit SystemAnalyst contributes expertise in business processes and system functionality. This includes coordinating activities or team members on maintenance and project assignments of medium risk and complexity and includes the performance of activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, coordination, testing, training and documentation.
Key Responsibilities: TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT
- Provide production assistance for the applications we support.
- Research, report, and implement simple system fixes.
- Enter routine user-maintained table changes.
- Participate in training on more complex system changes.
TESTING, DEBUGGING, TEST MANAGEMENT, QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Provide routine system support following established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting with limited direction.
- Determine testing requirements for small scale projects.
- Design/Draft test plans and conduct unit/acceptance testing for small scale projects.
- Provide timely resolution for testing issues.
- Identify flaws, errors, and issues with application functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Research, document, reports, and communicate any defects with functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, within targeted estimates and without error.
- Timely retesting and documentation of the corrections made for defects.
- Participate as a project team member.
- Identify project issues.
- Schedule/Prioritize project tasks as assigned.
- Display basic knowledge of project management principles.
- Handles multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Reports system problems/testing defects to management and recommend appropriate course of action to remedy.
- Research, report and implement fixes or workarounds for low complexity problems.
- Recommend temporary solutions.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
- Analyze existing processes of low complexity for adaptive or corrective changes.
- Document existing and new business workflows.
- Display basic knowledge of fundamental project process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Analyze requirements for simple new processes.
- Assist in gathering and defining business requirements for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Participate in analysis of business requirements.
- Participate in documentation of system requirements.
- Participate in supervised client sessions and interviews.
CUSTOMER LIAISON, RELATIONSHIP BUILDING, AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Build relationships with business partners at peer level.
- Provide customer training on system enhancements.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Speak effectively.
- Structure and compose written work products independently.
- Actively show understanding of what another says before giving own ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field, or 3+ years of experience as a BA or related role
- 3+ year of professional work experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- General insurance industry business experience a plus.
- Project Management experience and/or Green Belt Certification a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform system support duties.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and equipment.
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Good organization and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to observe, interpret and document workflow processes.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform detailed work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- business administration
- ms project
About the company
Holding company with headquarters in New York City. Its businesses provide a diverse set of specialty, niche-market insurance products in the property, casualty, life and health insurance sectors.