- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Basking Ridge
What you’ll be doing...
The Business Transformation Manager (BTM) will work side by side with cross-functional leadership in organizations such as sales, legal, product, network, IT, and marketing to execute, track, and manage a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the objectives of the business and preparing the business for the future.
The BTM may be asked to drive business transformation and integration efforts across one or more Verizon business units. These integration initiatives will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, will have the visibility at that level.
The BTM will help frame the scope and strategy, and will also lead the execution of the recommendations across all workstreams.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from Corporate and Operational Strategy to Process Improvement.
- Collaborate with channel stakeholders to identify analytic requirements.
- Source data from various data repositories, validate data for consistency, and partner with IT to ensure data integrity.
- Stitch together data from multiple channels to formulate a complete customer journey view.
- Extensive data analysis to help identify opportunities to meet revenue and churn objectives.
- Create and deploy actionable dashboards for business owners to gauge performance and assist with strategic decisions.
- Stakeholder scorecards and dashboards with executive leadership to gain alignment and promote usage.
- Working with the Director of Business Transformation, provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and integration execution.
- Provide senior leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
- Understand and analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide fact-based recommendations to the stakeholders.
- Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
- Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
What we’re looking for...
You have the ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures. You are someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable in working up and across the organization. You are a strategic thinker that results in new ideas that drives the business forward.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in Business Intelligence or Data Analytics.
- Ten or more years of total work experience, including some in telecom or related industries.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Experience in large integration programs.
- Experience in the development and measurements of KPI’s.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
- Facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.