- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Buyer
Location: GA Southwestern State Univ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217667
Job Summary This position is responsible for assisting in the processing and administrative duties of the Purchasing department.
- Assists in managing P Card organization. (50%)
- Reviews P Card summaries each month to ensure all required information has been included and procedures have been followed.
- Assists end-users and P Card users with questions regarding policies, availability, shipping enquiries, etc.
- Scans orders and sends to vendors, receiving, and end-users.
- Makes copies of purchase orders and P Card information.
- Files purchase orders, phone bills, contracts, and vendor information.
- Places P Card orders of up to $3,500; gets approvals, gathers order information; and places orders.
- Processes purchase orders.
- Sends purchasing information to end-users.
- Performs administrative tasks for the department. (30%)
- Receives and sends general email correspondence; receives purchase requests, inquiries, invoices, and shipping notices.
- Reconciles credit card statement monthly.
- Answers phone and assists callers.
- Retrieves and processes mail.
- Oversees campus wireless account. (15%)
- Processes monthly bill.
- Checks bill for discrepancies.
- Orders new r replacement devices.
- Assists end-users with issues that may arise with devices or accounts.
- Performs related duties. (5%)
Required Qualifications Associates degree required.More than one year of related experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain State of Georgia Purchasing Card
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Business purchasing experience
Required Documents to Attach Please attach cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Works, OneUSG, and Microsoft Office.Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.Knowledge of purchasing methods and guidelines.Skill in interpersonal communications.
About Us Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.
Contact Information For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.
- human resources