- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer located in Mapleton, Illinois. As a Buyer, you will provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management to deliver maximum value.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible and accountable for development, and/or communication and implementation of a local or regional sourcing strategy
* Managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
* Provide leadership for sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
* Liaison with corresponding Category/Platform based Buyers
* Undergraduate degree from a college or university
* 4+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
* Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
* Fluent in English language
* Extremely strong negotiator, able to interpret, analyze and negotiate contractual cost elements
Top Candidates will Also Have:
* Fluent in multiple languages
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
* Effective communicator, in written and oral form
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
- ms project
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.