- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Work with planner to develop and attain budgeted sales, gross margin and market share for assigned categories. Locate and select assortment for the enterprise and manage vendor relationships to maximize sales/margin and minimize costs. Demonstrate Kroger core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Develop and communicate corporate strategic category plans with a focus on division's needs
- Maintain an awareness of current sales trends and assess impact on business needs
- Create business plan for assigned categories
- Create sales plan, display plans and ad plans customized for each division
- Maintain division-specific Enterprise Sales Planning (ESP) tools and procedures
- Review sales, profit and promotional performance by division
- Source and select new products
- Implement corporate pricing strategy; maintain competitiveness while maximizing sales and profit potential
- Manage vendor relationships for the enterprise, including negotiating vendor allowances, payment terms, in-stocks and orders
- Develop enterprise-specific selling programs for categories
- Partner with planner on financial planning, vendor financial plans and strategies
- Participate in floor planning and plan-o-gram processes
- Maintain a comprehensive awareness of industry trends, the competitive landscape across the enterprise and regional needs
- Lead/participate in store tours
- Develop advertising campaigns; select merchandise to advertise
- Work with the product development team to develop, buy and market private label products across the enterprise
- Research and assist with resolving store/division inquiries
- Travel for vendor visits, store tours and/or category markets
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus two years combined assistant buyer and assistant planner experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with retail industry/technical terms and processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Function in a fast-paced, retail/office environment
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Low level of complexity in in item difficulty, promo intensity, regionality, category innovation, vendor difficulty, sales and EBIT, and growth goals (Level 9)
- Moderate level of complexity in item difficulty, promo intensity, regionality, category innovation, vendor difficulty, sales and EBIT, and growth goals (Level 10)
- High level of complexity in in item difficulty, promo intensity, regionality, category innovation, vendor difficulty, sales and EBIT, and growth goals (Level 11)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Familiarity with commodity markets
- Experience directing/participating on project teams
Education Level:Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel:Up to 25%
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a millionassociates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR||Portland|| 3800 S.E. 22Nd Ave. ||97202 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||General Merchandising (Fred Meyer) ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.