- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Provide quality, decorative designs for customer special orders and for a variety of bakery products. Ensure the proper quantity and quality of product is available for the customer. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Properly operate bakery equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., mixer, sheeter, molder, divider, rounder, cookie cutting machine, donut cutter, scraper, scales, knives, oven, timer, racks, shrink wrapper, telephone, decorating tube, bread slicer, labeler, cleaning utensils, glazer, air brush, spatula, chemical resistant gloves and splash goggles) according to company guidelines
- Operate equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., spatula, mixer, lazysusan, decorating tubes, air brush, copy machine, cake projector, labeler, cart racks, chemical resistant gloves, and splash goggles) according to company guidelines.
- Follow and complete daily/weekly cake quantities to be decorated and sold, including special orders.
- Retrieve cakes from the freezer and prepare them for decorating.
- Ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating, follow approved decorating styles /create new decorations and ensure proper consistency for cream icings.
- Ensure a variety of product is prepared for maximum sales potential.
- Place cakes in proper containers and locations for sale or storage.
- Properly label cakes and stock product.
- Store overstock in freezer and remove stale product daily.
- Maintain a clean and organized decorating area and ensure adequate decorating supplies are maintained.
- Comply with, and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent use of hands for squeezing motion, bending and twisting writs, standing in one location, walking, turning, reaching, stooping/bending, squatting, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling up objects 100 to 200 lbs., hand to eye coordination. Occasional pushing/pulling objects 100 to 500 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Willingness to take initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Neat and organized
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs atPick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Milwaukee|| 605 E. Lyon Street ||53202 || Roundy's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.