- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our Exciting Work Environment This is a full time (40 hrs/week) entry-level supervisor position. Pay rate is $15-17 an hour, plus incentive. Must be willing to work a rotation covering first and second shift, and weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Delaware North's Reservation Call Center is located in the Northpointe business park in Amherst, NY and is responsible for reservations for the company's lodging properties. The Reservations Supervisor supports the entire call center operations and may support different departments within the call center. We are seeking a candidate with Opera hotel management software and luxury/high end property experience.
The OpportunitySupervisors ensure that the day-to-day work is being handled effectively to meet contact-center service and performance standards. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently via multi-media used in the contact center and verbally with all levels of management and associates. They need to be able to handle multiple assignments and prioritize based on business needs. They must be able to interact with guests while providing exemplary GuestPath® standards. They must have strong coaching and mentoring skills. Supervisors need to have strong computer skills and be adept at using all relevant contact-center systems. They need to be able to work independently, making decisions that meet business objectives as the needs arise.
- They are responsible for monitoring intra-day call activity and service levels and taking relevant action to ensure that service levels are met effectively. Coach associates to achieve performance and service standards. This may include reviewing errors, side-by-side monitoring, monthly meetings, observing calls, and other coaching duties
- Coach associates to use systems, processes and procedures effectively
- Handle escalated guest calls, and escalate to upper level management level when appropriate
- Notify relevant support teams when systems are not working effectively
- Inform management of areas that need improvement
- Assist management in the communication process with various properties
- Promote a productive work environment by directing a prompt resolution of employee and operational issues.
- Assist in developing and recommending new strategies, procedures and practices and operational policies and procedures consistent with department goals and objectives
- Ensure quality customer care by helping develop, communicate, and interpret policies and procedures
- Ensure associates are adhering to their posted schedule and work assignments. Advise them when they are in violation and notify management
- Updates relevant systems such as the Intranet with new information, policies, and procedures
High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum 1 year of successful sales and customer service experience in retail or hospitality industry required
Proven ability to work with limited to no supervision
1 year of supervisor experience in a call center preferred
Strong interpersonal skills including listening, empathy and responsiveness
Ability to anticipate and solve problems
Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough and prioritized manner
Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in using common computer programs
Ability to type 40 WPM
Ability to use phone system as required for all aspects of the job
Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
- call center
- customer service