- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Cantor Fitzgerald: Analyst, Legal Entity Controller Analyst, Legal Entity Controller
Cantor Fitzgerald is a diversified company primarily specializing in financial and real estate services for institutional customers operating in the global financial and commercial real estate markets. Over the past 70 years, we have successfully built a well-capitalized business across multiple business lines, with numerous market-leading financial services products and a large and growing commercial real estate business. We have been at the forefront of financial and technological innovation in our industries, developing new markets and providing superior service to thousands of customers globally.
Legal Entity Controller is an integral member of the finance team, reporting directly to Financial Controller, participating in the accounting and finance processes and controls over internal and external financial reporting, regulatory reporting, operations, and product control.
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting;
- Responsible for month-end close process and journal entries associated with investing activities, financing activities, consolidation of subsidiaries, expense accruals, intercompany activities and income taxes;
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for external financial reporting in compliance with U.S. GAAP;
- Perform the monthly balance sheet substantiation, evaluate adequacy of expense accruals, resolving issues, and escalate key items to management timely;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytical reporting including commentary on balance sheet and P&L variances;
- I nitiate process reengineering, improve efficiency, and work with IT on improving systems;
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
- CPA is preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience in the financial accounting group of a financial services company
- Big Four public accounting firm experience preferable
- Analytical and Excel capabilities, project management skills, and ability to multitask
- Critical thinking, team oriented views, attention to detail, communication skills, business writing and project management.
- ms project
- real estate