- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Des Moines
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under supervision, performs echocardiograms or peripheral vascular testing according to established protocol for adult patients of the Iowa Heart Center (IHC).
- Maintains proficiency with all cardiac ultrasound equipment and procedures performed at the IHC.
- Performs echocardiograms on Iowa Heart Center patients according to established protocol.
- Administers IV contrast agents.
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the ordered test and prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Maintains and completes all necessary paperwork and charting for the business office and medical records.
- Maintains equipment in designated testing areas.
- Assists in occasional dispensing of medications.
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Primary Location: IA DES MOINES MERCY MEDICAL CENTER MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Ultrasonography or Radiologic Technologist program or must meet the educational requirements of the ARDMS for ultrasound training. (ie: 2-year allied health degree or bachelor's degree)
- Registered or registry eligible by the ARDMS Maintains active registry status in ARRT and/or ARDMS
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Valid Iowa Driver's/Chauffeurs License required, must meet Mercy's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0233755
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center