- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Job ID: 1186768
Employment Status: Full-Time
Your Career. Made Better. Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of Full time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Washington University Heart Care Institute in West County offers outpatient services including cardiac catheterization, cardiovascular diagnostic services, cardiac rehabilitation and wellness programs. Located on Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital's campus, the Heart Care Institute in West County operates Monday through Friday during normal business hours. The services are closed weekends and holidays. The building is centrally located in Creve Coeur in a beautiful park-like setting.
Join Us! Role Purpose
The Cardiac Sonographer performs a variety of cardiac testing, including treadmill stress testing, holter monitoring, transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echo, stress echo and cardiac doppler.
- Performs tests and procedures at various locations.
- Maintains accurate patient logs.
- Updates daily charges in the computer, utilizes cardiac lab menus in the computer.
- Maintains cardiac lab patient files. Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED Experience
- No Experience Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Licenses & Certifications
- RDCS or equiv Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Associate's Degree - Allied Health/Sonography Experience
- Licenses & Certifications
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Benefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
.Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Legal Statement The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer