- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Rancho Mirage
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking an Cardiovascular Technician.
Please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org to learn more information and apply.
The Cardiovascular Technician must meet the following qualifications:
- Required: Successful completion of CV Technologist training program or equivalent experience
- Preferred: AA degree
- Required: American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: RCIS certification
- Preferred: Minimum one year of previous monitoring and scrub experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab, IABP experience, Interventional procedure experience
Cardiovascular Technician's Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Evaluates and attends to the patient's physical and emotional needs before, during and after procedure to ensure proper patient care and positive examination experience.
Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Identifies patient utilizing two forms of verification following "time out" process.
- Identifies appropriate procedure to be performed and prepares room and equipment accordingly.
Operates equipment appropriately.
- Maintains cleanliness of exam area and equipment.
- Demonstrates scrub skills and observes aseptic technique.
- Operates physiologic monitoring equipment and performs hemodynamic calculations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EKG rhythms and hemodynamic waveforms.
- Assists in the setup, preparation and cleanup of the procedure.
- Works collaboratively with Cath Lab staff, physicians and other Eisenhower Medical Center employees.
- Collaborates with the RN and observes interdisciplinary standards of practice in relation to double-checking the delivery of medications to the sterile field.
- Properly disposes of all sharps and biohazardous waste.
- Assists with stocking supplies.
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness in the utilization of supplies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of procedures, techniques and equipment through inservices and conferences.
- Accepts responsibility for prompt and appropriate response to all on-call activities.
- Contributes to the maximum efficiency of the Cath Lab by active participation in Cath Lab patient flow, room turnaround and procedure preparation.
- Responsible for utilizing clinical and technical expertise to plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of invasive cardiovascular procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Health:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities.
Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals.
As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California.
For 2, U.S.
News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state.
In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (#2).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors.
We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children's Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction.
For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2, U.S.
News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery.
Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley.
We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org.