- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
Job Title: Cargo Handler
Job Location: Dallas, TX
We have an exciting opportunity for a CARGO HANDLER to join our team. Your efficiency and attention to detail will allow DHL to make businesses work by delivering cargo on time, every time. This may require heavy lifting at times and/or use of a hand-truck. You will also be expected to maintain an electronic record of your activity through the proficient use of a hand-held scanning device. This position will be based at our Dallas, TX location.
· Transport shipments and materials to and from receiving area, staging area, or other area as designated
· Sort and place shipments and or materials on racks, shelves, or designated areas according to destination
· Build up and maximize airline containers and pallets; load / unload vehicles, vans, straight trucks and tractor trailers
· Enter data information into freight station inventory and warehouse management system using desktop computer and handheld scanner
· Perform pick and pack assembly on shipments as needed, and assemble shipments from storage area to prepare for export; mark and label shipments with identifying information; prepars bills of lading as needed
· Take weight and measurement of each shipment received, and prepare on-hand notice
· Drive forklift to transport shipments within warehouse and in and out of trucks; operate other warehouse equipment such as pallet jack and hand truck as needed
Skills / Requirements:
· Class B CDL min required, Class A CDL preferred
· Hazmat endorsement strongly preferred but not required
· Must be flexible to work assigned shift which may include nights & weekends
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong knowledge of warehouse operations including Forklift operations as well as other materials handling equipment
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
· The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
· The most efficient processes and fastest response times
· The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided.
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.