- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $29,775.00 - $38,448.00 gross per year
- McCormick County
- Evaluate inmate records to determine eligibility for institutional assignment, custody changes, employment and treatment programs.
- Coordinates and implements an equitable classification system for a caseload of approximately 250 inmates.
- Conducts periodic reviews and evaluates the progress of inmates.
- Interviews inmates progress.
- Interview inmates, discuss and record progress made on a periodic basis.
- Counsel inmates relating to their general institutional adjustment or related problems.
- Respond orally and/or through written correspondence to inquiries or information on inmates by departmental officials and other agencies.
- Operates theSCDC internal computer system as well as the internet to obtain information regarding inmate sentences.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience.
A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
Any four (4) year combination of education, correctional and/or program experience.(casework)
Must attend and successfully completeSCDC BasicTraining.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources