- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $29,775.00 - $38,448.00 gross per year
- Evaluates inmate records to determine eligibility for institutional assignments, custody changes, employment and treatment program.
- Coordinates and implements an equitable classification system for a caseload of approximately 250 inmates.
- Conducts periodic reviews and evaluates inmate progress.
- Interviews inmates, discusses and records progress made on a periodic basis.
- Counsels with inmates relating to their general institutional adjustment or related problems.
- Responds orally and/or through written correspondence to inquiries of information on inmates by departmental officials and other agencies.
- Operates the computer to obtain information pertaining to inmates' social, criminal, educational and family histories.
- May serve as the institutional records manager.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A Bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required Program experience.(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
Any four (4) year combination of education, Correctional and/or program experience.
Must attend and successfullycomplete SCDC Basic Training.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources