- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $29,775.00 - $38,448.00 gross per year
- Evaluates inmate records to determine eligibility for institutionalassignments, custody changes, employment and treatment program.
- Coordinates and implements an equitable classification system forassigned caseload of inmates.
- Conducts periodic reviews andevaluates inmate progress.
- Interviews inmates, discusses and recordsprogress made on a periodic basis.
- Counsels with inmates relating totheir general institutional adjustment or related problems.
- Respondsorally and/or through written correspondence to inquiries ofinformation on inmates by departmental officials and other agencies.
- Operates the computer to ascertain information pertaining to inmatessocial, criminal, educational and family histories.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must successfully complete SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
Ahigh school diploma and relevant program experience. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
Any four (4) year combination of education, correctional, and/or program experience.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources