- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Castle Rock
Company Name:King Soopers
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireworks, Videos, etc.)
- Collaborate with Front-end associates to encourage teamwork.
- Report pricing discrepancies to the Scan Coordinator.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to work nights: Night Checker
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Courtesy Clerk
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Keywords: Castle Rock, 80108
Jobs at King Soopers:At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO||Castle Rock|| 5544 Promenade Parkway ||80108 || King Soopers||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.