- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Consumer Products Division
Category Development & Insights Manager
• Location: Deerfield, IL
• Team: Category Development & Insights
• Required Work Experience: 4-5 years
• Leverage deep shoppers and social insights for selling opportunities
• Leverage exhaustive category analysis to identify growth opportunities
• Establish omni-channel profitable strategies
• Accelerate growth of the category and our brands
Key Job Accountabilities:
Develop and own overall Consumer Products Division portfolio strategy
• Build and maintain true understanding of market trend and omni-channel category insights
• Based on insights and customer knowledge, Identify CPD brands growth opportunities at the account and defines brands strategies to maximize the potential.
• Relay omni-channel commercial insights into the multi functional team
• Communicate, influence and drive the category within the multi functional team
Define consistent CPD category guidelines
• Define priority products types/products to grow/products to maintain/products to delete for all CPD brands at the account
• Insure alignment between all brands on selling story and opportunities for CPD overall to win offline and online at the account
• Own and manage promotional analysis at account and provide promotion fundamentals to guide to multi-functional team
Influence and drive total beauty strategy at accounts and gain market share in every category
-Drive long term joint growth account specific strategy with the account
-Develop partnership with account leadership to be a trusted resource for beauty
Leverage category insights and selling story for account team
-Communicates commercial/category insights back to the multi functional team including best practices offline and online
-Leveraging shopper insights at account level through CRM and loyalty data for brand personalization opportunities
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing, cat man or sales role
• Proven experience of landing Range Reviews (RR), retailer strategies and projects
• Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
• Multi category experience
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
About the company
The L'Oréal Group is a French cosmetics and beauty company, headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. It is the world's largest cosmetics company, and has a registered office in Paris. It has developed activities in the field of cosmetics, concentrating on hair colour, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfumes and hair care, the company is active in the dermatology, toxicology, tissue engineering, and biopharmaceutical research fields and is the top nanotechnology patent-holder in the United States.