- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- US - MN - BLOOMINGTON
United States of America
00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
It’s an exciting time to work in The Coca-Cola Company’s flagship market. We’re accelerating our momentum as the fastest-growing large consumer goods company in North America by putting people at the heart of our business and everything we do – whether we’re innovating to give consumers the drinks and packaging sizes they want, or building our eCommerce capabilities. People are our focus when we’re collaborating with our diverse network of locally-connected bottling partners, and when we’re returning every drop of water we use to communities and nature. And people – with the different backgrounds, skills and perspectives they bring to our workplace – are helping transform our business, one big idea at a time. We empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better.
Function Specific Activities:
Serve as the Category Strategic Analyst providing customer-centric, category level analytics with a focus on space leadership for customers in the development of schematics, and overall approach to space allocation and assortment.
- Develop schematics in alignment with company’s merchandising standards, channel direction and customer’s goals and objectives
- Lead the dialogue with the customer on strategic placement of Coca-Cola delivered products across entire beverage portfolio considering other manufacturers and including complex space to sales analysis using internal, scan, and other data sources.
- Proactively recommend category growth opportunities and points of inspiration with customers to increase availability of our products at retail.
- Establishes relationships with retailer buying influencers, and actively participates with National Retail Sales and Category Managers as customer structure allows.
- Works closely with appropriate Space Planning COE, Category Planning, sales operations and reset personnel to align strategies, tactics and in-store implementation
- Creates schematics appropriate to deploy Segmented Merchandising strategies for all channels at the same time activate customer’s own clustering and allocation methodologies.
- Analytical experience necessary with intermediate proficiency in computer applications including: Microsoft – Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in space planning software (JDA, Apollo, Spaceman for example)
- Ability to translate numeric data into productive analysis
- Perform ROI analysis to determine the value of the project and communicate those results to project requester to prioritize and focus on high-value added work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 yr professional working experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Project Management with ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Aptitude to absorb training for software and continued learning to advance skills
- 2-5 years in Space Planning, Category Analytics or related technical experience in Beverage or CPG industry
- Advanced analytical capability & working knowledge of syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI)
- Proven oral and written communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
Develop schematics in alignment with company’s merchandising standards, channel direction and customer’s goals and objectives. Project Scope can cover the entire beverage section, managing assortment across manufacturers and the working with scan data to perform complex analysis.
Lead dialogue with the internal or external customers on strategic placement of products and confidently discuss recommended schematics and beverage performance, category growth opportunities and points of availability.
Provide analysis and interpretation of internal and external data with the ability to utilize additional tools and resources that assist in understanding emerging business and category performance trends. Perform adhoc analysis based on identified business issues/need.
Manage customer specific projects. Work with space manager, category manager, sales leads and customer to identify project parameters. Develop scorecard to track / measure project & provide progress updates and results analysis.
Years of Experience:
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Exp
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day