- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Great opportunity in our Energy Services Division in Keenesburg, Colorado. Day and Night Shifts
Potential Bonus up to $6,000.
- A $4,000 Sign-On/Retention Bonus with weekly pay !
- A $2,000 Special 2018 Bonus
- Competitive Pay with new, higher rates!
- Industry leading Health Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off---18 days!
- Adjusted Pay Rate for PTO
- Provided Uniforms and Free Cleaning
- Home Every Night
- Provided Bibs, Jackets, Steel Toed Boots, and Gloves
- Employee Discount Programs, Adoption Assistance Program, Legal Services Plan, and more!
- Ongoing Training and Career Advancement Opportunities
We're looking for:
- A Valid Class A CDL with Tanker and Air Brakes endorsements and be at least 21 years of age.
- 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent driving within the last 7 years.
- Oil Field experience is preferred. Side-dump, Roll off and Tanker experience also preferred- but we will train.
- Good driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties to meet customer needs.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for safely hauling materials that may require navigation through congested and confined areas in rural locations.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Manager.
- Works closely with Managers to improve efficiency and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that may arise.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Manager.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows driving assignments throughout the day and completes all required documentation.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Not required
Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Must be at least 21 years of age or older
Commercial Drivers License A (CDL) with airbrakes and tanker endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Acceptable driving record required.
This physically strenuous position involves loading and off loading of contents.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- The position involves lifting (up to __ - __ pounds), pushing, pulling, and bending
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
- customer service