- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Jay C Stores
Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve all goals, and monitor and control all establishedquality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and day to day activities for the Grocery department. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among team members.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to team members.
- Collaborate with others to promote teamwork.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower team members to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling.
- Train and develop team members on performance of their job and participate in the performance review process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions.
- Offer product samples to customers.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Develop and implement a department business plan.
- Understand the store layout and be able to locate products.
- Create and execute sales promotions.
- Inform and educate department team members about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Implement the period promotional plan.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- Assist in preparing the department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all reports.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory and stocking conditions.
- Schedule price changes by updating shelf tags and signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Train department team members on inventory and stocking.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs and safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and report repairs needed.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including- robbery, theft or fraud.
- Standing and walking- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- average of 50 pounds
- Climbing- stairs, step stool, ladder
- Pushing, Pulling, twisting, turning, stretching, bending
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication and reading skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Must be 18 years old
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Grocery experience
- Retail experience
- Second language
Education Level:Bachelor's Desired
Jobs at Jay C Food Stores: Jay C Food Stores is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers. Jay C is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Jay C, please complete an online application today!
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Seymour|| 1181 W Tipton St ||47274 || Jay C Stores||None||Dairy; Drug/GM; Frozen Food; Grocery ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.