- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Community Medical and Dental Care s looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant will provide medical services to patients under the guidance of a physician.
The ideal person for this type of role is a good listener, outgoing and compassionate, organized and adaptable and an excellent problem solver. This vital role greets our patients, displays professionalism, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Provide patient-care servicesâ€“ Examine patients, verify all medical history and chart notes. Make preliminary diagnosis regarding any follow-up procedures needed. Order diagnostic tests as required. Create and maintain patient-care plans, while instructing and guiding patients on progress. Prescribe medication as needed under the direction of a physician.
- Perform supportive procedures â€“ Perform procedures such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Other duties: â€“ Answer phones, take messages and greet patients. Educate patients regarding diet, family planning, emotional problems, and health maintenance. Act as the backup to the physician when emergency treatments or complex procedures come up. Display professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.Requirements:
- High school diploma and a graduate of accredited program with state accreditation based on certifying exam
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Previous clinical experience is preferredbut not requiredPowered by JazzHR
About the company