- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Certified Nursing Assistant assists Physicians and nursing personnel in providing patient care to a specific patient population. Provides direct and indirect patient care duties under the guidance and direction of the Licensed Nurse. Collects specimens, runs lab tests, performs EKG's, Drug screen collection, and Breath Alcohols. Performs clerical duties as assigned. Participates in unit activities that enhance and promote quality patient care outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Patient Care Services of Phoebe Putney Health System. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision, and values of Phoebe. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA, and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- Wears protective clothing and equipment as appropriate.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Vocational / Technical Degree in Medical Field (Preferred)
- 0 - 1 year Patient Care Experience in a health care setting(Required)
- Organizational Skills,Communication Skills,Interpersonal Skills,Customer Relations,Grammar / Spelling,Read / Comprehend Written Instructions,Follow Verbal Instructions,Basic Computer Skills,Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : Sitting,Climbing,Twist at waist,Reaching above shoulder,Lift/carry 50 lbs with assistance.
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : Walking,Bending/Stooping,Pushing/Pulling.
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) : Standing.
Certifications and Licensures
- Required Certifications/Licensures : Basic Life Support (BLS),Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR),Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
About the company