- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $24.15 - $30.54 gross per hour
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by November 22,2019 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high-performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing and in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the County, and annually the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for a seasoned and talented Certified Payroll Specialist (Administrative Specialist) to support and assist the Capital Construction team.This position is locatedat the central campus inTukwila, WA.
The Certified Payroll Specialist will play a critical role in supporting capital construction projects where the payment of federal Davis-Bacon or State Prevailing wages is required.
The position requires exceptional analytical skills and the ability to communication both verbally and in writing. The Certified Payroll Specialist reviews and prepares a multitude of documents for internal and external stakeholders that must be clear and accurate. Effective written communication with a remarkable level of attention to detail and accuracy is critical to the success of the person in the role.
The ideal candidate for this role willenjoy interacting with frontline staff, leadership, and many other stakeholders. Theywill enjoy the challenge of meeting multiple deadlines and knowing that their work is critical to the success of construction projects that improve living conditions for low-income households. They are proficient in the use ofsystems and tools to maintainorganization, as well as being detail orientedand exceptional time managers. They know how toinfluence others and place a high value on customer service.Ifthese are areas in which you excel, this may be just theopportunity you have been looking for.
- Trains contractors and subcontractors on the requirements of federal and/or state prevailing wage compliance.
- Obtains wage determinations and makes requests for additional classifications and wage rates when needed.
- Reviews contractor and subcontractor certified payroll reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with wage scale, apprenticeships, fringes, wage determinations, authorized employee payroll deductions.
- Conducts interviews on the site of construction projects with contractor and subcontractor employees to verify actual wages paid are consistent with reported wages paid
- Notifies contractors and subcontractors of wage violations/infractions and requests corrective action be taken immediately; tracks restitution payments.
- Resolves payroll compliance discrepancies in a timely manner.
- May perform field investigations and audits to ensure the validity of certified payroll reports.
- Participates in review process for contractor payment applications and signs off prior to payment indicating compliance by contractors and subcontractors with certified payroll payments and reporting.
- Develops and implements company procedures for monitoring of wage compliance and reporting.
Click here for additional information regarding this position's classification information.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a closely related field AND
- Two years of relevant experience with certified payroll, prevailing wage, and/or Davis-Bacon OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a deep knowledge of business practices relevant to Certified Payroll including wage interviews, contractor compliance, nonstandard wage determinations (both State and Department of Labor); knowledge and/or experience with HUD and State wage audits.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, keeping track of information or work in progress, ensuring accuracy, and multi-tasking; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Creates, maintains, updates, enters and retrieves data records by utilizing MS Word, Outlook, Excel programs and a specialized database system(s); knowledge and/or experience with certified payroll reporting software (LCP Tracker or others).
- Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, and implements recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to satisfy service expectations; seeks ways to improve service delivery.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
- Works effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations; values diversity; treats others with respect.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to regularly travel between construction sites.
Position Information and Application Process
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience.(Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $24.15 – $30.54 perhour. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed inoffice environments and in the field at construction work sites. Work requires mobility and balance, lifting and carrying of computer equipment and peripherals up to 40 pounds, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending and twisting when installing and troubleshooting computer equipment. Uses standard and specialized office equipment including personal computers, telephone, and related equipment.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.