- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Sylvan Campus Teacheris responsible for creating a positive personal learning experience for students by teaching students using Sylvan program materials.
Sylvan covers all K-12 subjects. Using the program materials, the Teacher creates balanced and robust learning experiences for students.
The Sylvan Campus Teacher evaluates student progress on each assignment, communicates this progress, and works with campus staff to ensure learning is personal for each student.
We tutor and mentor at-risk students during and after normal school hours.
We offer training and program management, so you are well prepared when you start and then supported throughout the program.
This can be a part-time, full-time, or as needed (substitute) position.
We do not guarantee full-time employment however it is a possibility depending on the parameters of the programs we have in your area.
About Sylvan Learning:
Choosing Sylvan is about getting results and setting up students for long-term success.
At Sylvan, we’re focused on building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity and inspiring a love for learning — all of which make a big impact in school and in life.
For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of students and families achieve new levels of academic success.
- Four year degree or equivalent required
- State or provincial teaching credentials (current or expired)
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong team player
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares for each instructional session; gathers and prepares materials as appropriate
- Greets students and initiates instruction to personally engage each student
- Instructs students according to the design of the Sylvan programs
- Manages students, tasks and time to create a balanced and robust instructional session
- Evaluates and records the progress of each student on their program assignment
- Uses praise and encouragement to ensure students are engaged and inspired to learn
- Motivates students with Sylvan tokens given for specific achievements according to the Sylvan instructional management standards
- Records and tracks tokens earned by students
- Manages the conclusion of each instructional session and manages the completion of learning log and transition activities; supports procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
- Communicates specific student needs to the contract program manager
- Attends periodic staff meetings and completes ongoing training as needed
- Completes certification training on each Sylvan program taught to students
As a Sylvan team member, you'll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact in the lives of others! Be a hero in your next job by preparing at-risk students for success in school and in life! Competitive hourly rate with meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
About the company