- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Smith's Food and Drug
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the store and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for being visible, friendly, and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Receive accurate payment for merchandise; makes change; processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper departmental procedures for paperwork and the performance of duties.
- Understand the Point of Sale system, and handle various tenders, rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Record the sale of items to the register by moving merchandise across the scan window, using a hand-held scanning gun or, if necessary, the 10-key pad.
- Understand and adhere to the company's cash handling procedures and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items, such as Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireworks, and Videos.
- Follow procedures to limit shrink such as, but not limited to: checking for bottom of basket, scanning all items to ensure proper balance on hand, avoid manual hand rings, and close the loop procedures.
- Able to complete transactions in the time allotted to ensure productivity beach marks are met.
- Report pricing discrepancies as directed by company policy.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Offer and/or mention to customers all company directives such as Kroger Personal Finance, fundraising requests, customer service surveys, fuel points.
- Keep checkout area clean.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Successfully completed checker training
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 21 or older
- Current alcohol sellers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Courtesy Clerk
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
States: New Mexico
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NM||Albuquerque|| 8301 Golf Course Rd Nw ||87120 || Smith's Food and Drug||[[mfield2]]||Front End ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.