- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Waldorf Astoria is looking for an Chef de Cuisine for the historic Arizona Biltmore!
Located in the heart of uptown Phoenixsince 1929, this gorgeous 39-acre property has 738 rooms, over 200,000 squarefeet in banquet space, and 6 food and beverage outlets. These outlets include 3restaurants, a bar, cafe, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will oversee our fine dining restaurant, Wright''s, managing a team of 10-15 culinarians. Youwill also help lead a re-concepting of the restaurant.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader with excellent organizational skills, a passion for innovation, and a talentfor training and developing others. At least 3-5 years of chef experience with a background in upscale specialtyrestaurant and Mexican / Southwestern cuisine is required.
For more information on the property,please visit:
What will I be doing?
As Chef de Cuisine, you would be responsible for leading the culinary production of Wright''s in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead daily culinary production, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, cost controls and overall profitability
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Create and implement new menus and individual food items
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- customer service
- safety and security