- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Services Southwest Michigan is a non-profit agency with a mission to enhance and promote the independence and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities and those that care for them. We are a community service organization with a legacy of concern and care for senior citizens and others with like problems. Senior Services develops a community awareness of potentialities and problems of those citizens, and provides services to improve their health, ability to live independently, and lead active lives in the community. We provide vital, life sustaining services to our clients.
We have a further commitment as a good community citizen with a reputation for honesty, integrity and fairness in its relationship with its employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Services of Southwest Michigan is seeking to fill a Waiver Supervisor position. This position works in collaboration with the MI Choice Waiver Manager for program oversight, including staff supervision, program requirements, and meeting all contractual/ accreditation requirements.
- Licensed as a LBSW or LLMSW in the State of Michigan, LMSW preferred or Licensed as a Registered Nurse licensed in State of Michigan
- A minimum of two (2) years of full time equivalent direct clinical experience
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively in all forms of communication
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships within the community and program.
- Highly adaptive, efficient and flexible personality
- Ability to work individually and as a team member is essential
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Computer and word processing skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
This position is an exempt, full-time position offering the following benefits: health, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement matching, paid time off, and other employee-based assistance programs.
Senior Services is a drug-free, tobacco free workplace. All applicants will undergo pre-employment drug testing and a State of Michigan background check. We check references. Senior Services is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome a diverse field of qualified candidates. This agency participates in E-Verify.
Applicants can pick up up an application in person between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the Senior Services of Southwest Michigan office, 200 W. Michigan Avenue (Meals on Wheels entrance), Battle Creek, MI 49017 to be mail to our main office in Kalamazoo; or fax resume to: 269-382-3189; or complete an application on-line through the Employment section of our website www.seniorservices1.org. (no phone calls, please)