- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
This position will require an experienced, results-oriented professional to be responsible for executing a variety of projects to improve existing processes and to develop new processes for our manufacturing partners. Projects will vary in scope and may include process upgrades, troubleshooting, and new product commercializations.
This is NOT an entry level role for new graduates.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, execute and support process improvement activities and projects to optimize production capability using engineering and statistical analysis and basic equipment operating knowledge to problem solve issues in the manufacturing process
- Study, examine and investigate existing processes to identify and implement new opportunities for improving quality, throughput, and costs
- Actively participate as a member of multifunctional project teams executing capital and quality projects from concept to implementation
- Ensure regulatory compliance of process changes
- Interface and consult with production, laboratory, business and marketing personnel to improve product quality, reduce byproducts, and develop options for producing new products
- Organize and perform statistically designed plant experimental trials
- Establish strong trusted relationship with operations personnel
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource for our internal clients: manufacturing, business, marketing, or technical service
- Actively engage in safety programs
- Provide and communicate clear, concise, and timely reporting of project progress and accomplishments verbally and in writing
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required for this role
Minimum 3 years of experience in process development/improvement and/or manufacturing support for a chemicals or polymers manufacturer.
OR, Minimum 2 years of experience with co-op/intern experience, again within process development/improvement and/or manufacturing support for a chemicals or polymers manufacturer.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.