- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The chief financial officer for Ancillary and Individual (A & I) is a business leader for a high-growth, complex segment of UnitedHealth Group and UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual. The CFO Ancillary and Individual plays a critical role in supporting the business growth and profitability initiatives along with business financial reporting. A & I is a portfolio of multiple businesses with an annual internal operating income of over $1.2B (FY2019). The portfolio of businesses includes Specialty Benefits, UMR, UHOne, All Savers and National MedTrans. This executive level position provides strategic finance leadership including partnering with the business leaders, operations finance leaders, controllers, strategy and product leaders as well as corporate shared service leaders to help drive the overall financial and business activities for the A & I business.
- Lead the overall Finance function as a key member of the A & I Leadership team in a high growth and rapidly changing business
- Build relationships, both internal and external, to effectively operate the business in a highly matrix organization while delivering value to customers, enabling high growth and providing profitable returns
- Oversee the consolidated financial budgeting, forecasting, annual plan cycles including appropriate reporting and analytics regarding consolidated financials
- Manage consolidated reporting and analysis requirements including monthly results, Monthly Business reviews, Board of Director presentations, Earnings release preparation and support, investor conference / investor meeting support and numerous ad hoc reporting requests
- Collaborate across UHC and Optum on strategic M&A opportunities driving distinction and diversity of earnings for the enterprise.
- Drive integration of acquired entities in partnership with business leaders to generate integrated business case valuation targets.
- Support strategic decision making through an in-depth understanding of UnitedHealth Group, Optum, UHC and all competitors, industry trends, market dynamics and internal key indicators
- Drive the strategic planning process across the organization in conjunction with Strategy, Product and Business leaders
- Proactively manage, and own execution of, the business to meet financial and other commitments while helping transition the business through several growth cycles
- Partner with business/department owners to deliver on their financial commitments
- Evolve and build the organization to create a high performing team that can deliver on the demands of UnitedHealth Group
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions
- Create a talent pipeline of high potential leaders in Finance to engage in long term growth, culture and discipline in the business platforms.
- Drive development and evaluation of contracts, partnerships, alliances and participate in sales as needed
- Evaluate and implement appropriate structures and systems to enable the business to pursue a variety of growth optionswhile enforcing policies and procedures
- Ensure strong partnership with UnitedHealth Group Corporate on accounting and finance matters and help drive cash management for A & I
- Ownership of timely and accurate preparation and analysis of budgets, financial forecasts, and trends
- Reports to Employer and Individual CFO with responsibility to CEO A & I. Role has potential succession to other UHG and UHC leadership roles
- 15+ years of broad-based finance experience including significant experience in a high growth, highly competitive, public company
- Executive influence and ability to navigate at the UHG executive levels
- Strong managerial capability and ability to manage teams in a number of locations. Ability to work well and communicate effectively with the team and to leverage and develop the team is essential
- A business person first. Lead from partnership and create positive change
- Successful track record of operating and process improvement
- History of managing change effectively with a high level of communication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory. Ability to and experience in preparing and delivering concise, executive level summaries and presentations
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Internal control over financial reporting experience
- Capable to manage multiple competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Merger and acquisitions
- Healthcare industry knowledge
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.