- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 gross per year
- Long Branch
- leads assigned EHR clinical implementation and optimization teams consisting of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, ancillary staff and other providers to review and enhance system utilization and configuration to improve the efficiency and outcomes of clinical care.
- Assists in the development of EHR implementation strategies based on medical informatics trends and best practices; actively participates in regional and national meetings and initiatives relating to health care information technology.
- Educates and supports physicians and other users of clinical information; establishes EHR training requirements for clinicians.
- Working with RWJBarnabas CHIO and CIO, establishes and manages the EHR physician builder program and super user program.
- Reviews medical informatics trends, experiences and approaches, develops technical and application implementation strategies and assists in the development of strategic plans for clinical information systems.
- Leads and facilitates key clinical leadership groups in the creation of required clinical content, protocols, workflows and related system usage policies; partners with EHR support team to ensure best practices for clinical applications are translated into the EHR workflow.
- Collaborates with population health team to determine EHR requirements for value-based programs including translation of program requirements into EHR workflow and determination of data needs for submission to payers.
- Acts as liaison for research informatics, fostering collaborative clinical research across the academic health system.
- Works with Rutgers and RWJBarnabas education leaders to ensure effective accommodation of learners at practice sites.
- Builds relationships with Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and allied health professionals to gain support of information technology initiatives.
- Responds efficiently to user needs, including training, to assure widespread acceptance and provider use of clinical systems.
- Acts as an advocate for the protection of patient privacy and the security of protected health information.
- Doctor of Medicine degree (M.D.
or D.O.) required.
Board-Certified including any clinical specialty preferred.
Master's degree in Health Informatics or Technology preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical knowledge, analytical ability, critical decision making skills and an extensive knowledge of healthcare issues, with a focus on the science of integrating healthcare, technology, and clinical data.
- Understands systems thinking with strong organizational skills to manage projects on time and within budget.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an IT physician leader with progressive leadership responsibilities in a complex, multi-specialty healthcare environment.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and lead through collaboration and persuasion.
- Established track record of accomplishments in management, particularly involving successful, collaborative work with physicians.
- Practical experience with electronic health information systems including configuration, implementation, support and optimization in an ambulatory or hospital setting.